Curious Gastronaut™ is the most fun and whimsical way for kids to learn about the edible world and grow up to be adventurous, happy and healthy eaters. With this cooking game for kids (and grownups alike) explore the exciting world of food like an astronaut explores outer-space—with curiosity, excitement and bravery.
Take your senses on an adventure and discover new textures, flavours, aromas, combinations that are out of this world and revisit familiar ones with a different perspective—It will forever change the way you and your little humans perceive food.
Following the prompts on beautifully illustrated cards, use your imagination to gather matching ingredients, creatively combine them to invent a bite-size dish, plate it, name it and taste it using all your senses. Choose from 3 different modes of play, play with or without real food and play for as little or long as you like—there’s something for everyone! Great for selective eaters, budding chefs and everyone in between. Warning: May involve tasting strange things!
Curious Gastronaut™ is unique in that..
• Kids call all the shots
• It makes trying new food pressure-free and outrageously fun
• It inspires kids to be creative inventors rather than recipe followers
• It encourages kids to explore food using all their senses
• It is the only food game that makes NO mention of food
• It helps develop a food vocabulary beyond “yuck” and “yum”
• Cultivates a positive and healthy relationship with food
Learn more about how to play here.
Publisher: Studio Oddball
Designer & Illustrator: Nalisha Chouraria
Specs: 120 x 170 x 40 mm (box)
Weight: 0.44 Kg
Type: Child-led, food play, food education, imagination, exploration, sensorial learning
Format: 55 beautifully illustrated cards, 1 double-sided Gastronaut’s guide card, 1 book of curious recipes, 1 gameplay handbook and 1 cloth bag with drawstrings encased in a box
Recommended Age: 5+. Grownups love it too.
Average Duration: 10-60 min
Release: 26 November 2020
* The appearance of the product may vary from the photos